What we lose if we do nothing on immigration

6
712
LDW_8722.JPG

The political debate on immigration reform in the United States has been a lingering issue for decades. Overwhelming bipartisan legislation to reform the nation’s flawed immigration policy was passed in the Senate last June, and it is time for the House of Representatives to compromise with the Senate and White House to come up with a responsible, comprehensive plan that will decrease our nation’s deficit by $1 trillion in the next two decades.

Passing such a reform is not only a humanitarian act that brings justice to millions of families loyally contributing to the nation’s well-being, it is also a form of economic stimulus, according to the Immigration Policy Institute. A study by Rob Paral and associates found that after three million undocumented workers were granted amnesty by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986, “between 1990 and 2006, the educational attainment of IRCA immigrants increased substantially, their poverty rates fell dramatically, and their homeownership rates improved tremendously.” These immigrants saw an increase in real wages and the vast majority did not depend on government aid. These findings contradicted the fear that granting amnesty to undocumented workers would increase the nation’s unemployment and poverty rates.

The founding director of the North American Integration and Development Center at the University of California, Los Angeles, Raul Hinojosa-Ojeda, approximates that if the United States were to grant amnesty to the estimated 11 million undocumented workers living here today, the additional wages earned by undocumented workers “(would) translate into an increase in net personal income of $30 to $36 billion, which would generate $4.5 to $5.4 billion in additional net tax revenue.” The additional income acquired by these workers and their increasing consumption levels would be able to support 750,000 to 900,000 new jobs. He also estimates that in California alone, the wages of unauthorized workers would rise by $26.9 billion and would produce an additional $5.3 billion in tax revenue, creating 633,000 new jobs.

There is a monetary and human cost to doing nothing. By ignoring this issue, the United States loses out on additional jobs and revenue that could be reinvested back into the labor force. Workers that come to America in search of a higher quality of living for their families are not job-takers, they’re job-makers. The United States is losing jobs, revenue, and opportunities for American-born citizens to find work by stalling immigration reform. This is supported by Hinojosa-Ojeda’s research that removing the insecurity of legal status would “encourage (undocumented workers) to invest more in their own education, open bank accounts, buy homes, and start businesses.”

Undocumented workers have unfairly lost out on $2.2 billion in wages each year because of their legal status. Manuel Pastor and his colleagues at the Center for the Study of Immigration Integration at the University of Southern California found that if “unauthorized Latino workers were granted legal status … the federal government would gain $1.4 billion in paid income taxes each year.”

However, none of these benefits can be reaped until Congress compromises on an immigration bill that provides, at least, legal status to undocumented workers. Until then, the United States will continue to lose out on opportunities for economic and job growth.

6 COMMENTS

1. “At one time or another, acceleration of population growth . . . has been sought by militarists in need of cannon fodder, by rulers in search of hegemonic expansion, by industrialists in want of cheap and docile labor, by ecclesiastical spokesmen in search of souls, and by land and other speculators hungering for unearned increment.” Joseph J Spengler

” . . . the greatest destroyers of man’s options are the growth and excessive concentration of population.” Joseph J Spengler

2. Nothing has done more to diminish the quality of life for the middle class through higher housing (land) costs, competition for jobs, greater poverty, mortgage fraud, medicare fraud, crime, cost of public schools, cost of college, depletion of resources, burden on the taxpayer and overall congestion than the increase of and change in population since 1965, driven almost entirely by immigration.

Because we are overpopulated, millions of young people graduating this year will never be able to buy a home in the town where they were born. What sort of person wishes for that?

Re housing costs, see report by the Americas Society/Council of the Americas and the Partnership for a New American Economy (Jacob L. Vigdor) in which he claims that more than 40 million immigrants currently in the united states have increased housing prices nationwide by $3.7 trillion.

3. Send them back to their country. We have to take care our kids first. Illegal people deserve to deport period. Americans hate everything illegal. How stupid Democrats are? Vote out all Democrats.

4. Do not try to mislead Americans. Almost illegal people are unskilled people. They will contribute less than they receive. U.S public debt now is 17.2 trillion dollars. We will get more deficit if we import more poor, uneducated people. We are having 20 million American unemployed. We do not want to add more criminal.We need to enforce our immigration law to avoid worst future for the U.S

5. We lose nothing.

We lose everything if its passed.

Here, know HOW we got here

google stephan steinlight mexican holocaust immigration
    one exact document from him is googled by the phrase;
    “The jeuish Stake in America’s Changing Demography”

listen to him fret about the possibility of the jewish led open immigration policies backfiring because mexicans havent had enough holocrock drilled into their heads to ensure they are easy to rule.

open immigration policies being a long time concerted push by “organized jewish power”?

googleables

JCUA advocates for the rights of immigrants
    Support of Comprehensive Immigration Reform in the United States urj
    “American Jews know too well the impact of restrictive immigration policies.”
    Jews Unite Behind Push for Immigration Reform
    AJC promotes a fair and just immigration policy consistent
    Both Jews and Latinos cannot afford any longer to lead separate lives

Open immigration is only here in front of us because of a century long push by organized jewish power, a FACT you arent allowed to know or hear discusses, ever. Why dont you hear it?

google joel stein hollywood cmon
    google times israel jews media control
    will be the very first results listed, mainstream, from them.

Here is the last bit of the Joel Stein article; “But I don’t care if Americans think we’re running the news media, Hollywood, Wall Street or the government. I just care that we get to keep running them.”

same in europe
    google barbara lerner spector sweden

“I think there’s a resurgence of antisemitism because at this point in time Europe has not yet learned how to be multicultural, and I think we’re gonne be part of the throes of that transformation, which must take place. Europe has not yet learned how to be multicultural.Europe is not going to be the monolithic societies that they once were in the last century. Jews are going to be at the center of that. It’s a huge transformation for Europe to make. They are now going into a multicultural mode, and Jews will be resented because of our leading role. But without that leading role, and without that transformation, Europe will not survive.”