Photo from Wikimedia Commons
Photo from Wikimedia Commons

1. Give your parents a hug

You probably wouldn’t survive college without them. Also, you wouldn’t exist.

2. See some old friends

Some high school friendships aren’t meant to last, but you won’t know which until you spend one more awkward day with them. Should old acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind?

3. Check out your new classes on iLearn

Some professors upload their syllabi and required reading early. Hope you get Amazon cards this holiday season.

4. Sleep

Remember that? You’ll have time to get some again.

5. Netflix

Ever wanted to know what all the Breaking Bad and Mad Men fuss was about? Now’s your chance to find out.

6. Work out

Break is the perfect time to settle into healthy habits and a gym routine in order to work off — wait for it — the Freshman 15.

7. Cook

Odds are you’re going to live in an apartment next year, which means you’ll need to actually, you know, feed yourself. Take some classes or watch some stuff on YouTube to prepare … before you inevitably slip into microwaving ramen every night.

8. Look for internships

If you want to feel productive during your downtime, start scouting out those resume-builders. Yay, impending adulthood!

9. Travel

Take a weekend road trip. Visit somewhere neat in your hometown. Take advantage of your time off by broadening your horizons, and other inspirational phrases.

10. Read a book

What? Reading a book … for pleasure? Which reading list is it on? None of them. Or all of them, depending on the book you pick. Whatever the case, it’s good for your brain!

11. Catch a few movies

Because nothing says “Christmas” like “The Desolation of Smaug.”

12. Party!

Bring in the new year the right way: with a cup of kindness yet for days of auld lang syne.

13. Go skiing or snowboarding

You gotta enjoy the rare occasions when it actually snows in Southern California.

14. Absolutely nothing

You just spent 10 weeks absorbing information and stressing out. Just let your brain go to mush for a day or two.

15. Prepare for next quarter

Ten weeks done, many more to go. The fun has just begun.