For the third consecutive year, UC Riverside has earned a place on the Princeton Review’s annual list of best-value colleges.

“I am pleased to see that UC Riverside is once again represented on The Princeton Review’s Best Value Colleges list,” Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs James Sandoval said in a statement to UCR Today. “It is further proof that a world-class research university can provide a great value to young people seeking an outstanding education.”

The Princeton Review considers more than 30 data points, including availability of financial aid, average debt at graduation and admissions rates. The purpose is to determine which colleges provide the best academic experience for the lowest amount of money.

“These educationally outstanding schools demonstrate their value either by offering a very affordable sticker price right off the bat, or by making a higher tuition cost affordable to students with need that they admit,” the Princeton Review says on its website.

The Princeton Review cited UCR’s entomology and creative writing programs, in addition to the high degree of financial aid offered, as reasons for the university’s inclusion. UCR ranked 75th in overall quality of life, 79th in academics and 82nd in financial aid among the 150 universities.

The Princeton Review surveyed 650 public and private colleges around the country; the top 150 (75 public universities and 75 private universities) made it into the best-value colleges list. Eight of the nine UCs that serve undergraduates received rankings; the sole exception was UC Merced. UC Los Angeles ranked the highest among the UCs, achieving sixth place nationally out of all public universities.