The Bourns College of Engineering (BCOE) will partner with Pearson, a global education program, to create a new online masters engineering program by fall 2015. The two-year program will have nine course requirements for a total of 36 units.

Of the required courses, four will focus on engineering management, four on specializations and one on project design. Specializations will include: bioengineering, electrical engineering (power systems), environmental engineering systems (water), materials at the nanoscale and mechanical engineering.

To qualify for the program, prospective applicants must have a Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering along with Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores upon applying. Applications will be accepted based on the applicant’s work experience, college coursework, GPA and GRE scores.

Pearson will provide marketing, student support and retention services, enrollment management and helpdesk services. The total cost of the two-year program will be $30,000, or $3,333 for each individual course.

“We are pleased to collaborate with Pearson to offer this online program enabling employed engineers and scientists to advance their technical training as well as sharpen their engineering management skills,” BCOE Dean Reza Abbaschian stated in a press release. “We believe the degree program will benefit them, their employers and our industrial community.”