Archive/HIGHLANDER
A mystery has arisen at the new UCR track and field stadium. The construction of the track has caused a mysterious vortex to develop, sending runners back in time 5 to 7 minutes when they reach 357.22m from the starting line. The time vortex was found by an unnamed Highlander track athlete, who was certain she ended up in the locker room when running a lap around the track. The coaching staff did not believe

Archive/HIGHLANDER

the incident, but when athletes started disappearing and reappearing minutes later, the athletic department asked the physics department to investigate the time vortex.The physics department sent their graduate students to confirm the mystery, who were astounded by their preliminary findings. After investigating for a week, the UCR physics department came up with the conclusion that the construction somehow cause a quantum shift in the magnetic field under the track in that specific area. The physics department is currently testing out a magnetic shield that would restrain the vortex so that people do not end up a few minutes back in time. So far the magnetic shield containing the vortex has been very promising.Interestingly, the UCR psychology department has also gotten involved in the investigation, as they have conducted research to figure out why individuals have maintained their memories even while time traveling. The research is still ongoing, and the department has also consulted the neuroscience department for a possible collaborative effort.Just when the track team thought they could get back to practicing, the UCR anthropology department recently started researching the time vortex as well. A representative from the department claims that various Native American tribes and the first Spaniard colonists have recounted stories of a very similar vortex.

The UCR athletic department has decided that the track and field team will be able to get back to practice on the track as the physics department is nearing completion of the project to close the vortex momentarily. After the track and field season is over, research projects regarding the time vortex will be given permission by the athletic department. The continuation of research will depend on the budget of the individual departments, however.