wEBxt.u.cs

Even after a five year hiatus, DaftSkrillMAUS12A609 still has what it takes to transport experiencers to an ethereal realm. “The Wet Dream and the Lucid Dreamer,” released last week, exploded onto the I-Doser scene with an unmatched ferocity that not even oft-compared rival Pr33tyKaskad3’s “Dream Juice” can compete with. These binaural beats aren’t just bloops and bleeps. They’re blips and blops this time around—and that’s a big difference.

Always the experimenters, DaftSkrillMAUS12A609 opens the .drg file with “Put your head on your pillow,” a calming introduction to theta waves at 4–7 Hz to put you to sleep or a meditative state. For the artists’ first time working with theta waves, they did a remarkable job. DaftSkrillMAUS12A609’s decadent opener induces deep meditation and, if listened to long enough on repeat, NREM sleep. That’s non-rapid-eye movement for you HASSLE majors. And remember, for the love of Science, listen to this entire file with your earbuds in and your eyes closed.

Protip: Spending only a half hour in the theta state can reduce sleeping needs for up to four hours. So not only does this opening file induce a meditative, almost zen state, but it also gives you time to be more productive throughout your day. And who doesn’t want that?

Next up is “Enter yo own mind,” which begins with beautiful alpha waves at 7-13 Hz, “Buzzzz / Buzzz? Buzzz Beez! Beezle Buzzz Blop.” Alpha waves are DaftSkrillMAUS12A609’s bread and butter, as we heard and experienced in their masterpiece I-Doser file in 2110, “Tryp d0wn mem0ry l4ne3.” Assuming you listen to the files one after another, this file transports the experiencer to a lucid state in which you are aware you’re dreaming.

Now, feel free to do whatever the hell you want in your own dream. DaftSkrillMAUS12A609 may be the dream weaver, but it’s your job to experience it. I created an astral projection of myself and hovered above my body. I couldn’t stand to look at the dirty laundry scattered across my floor, so I flew back into my head to escape reality and became one with my lucid dream. I flew high up into the clouds of my consciousness and chilled with the stars and the birds and the air. It was euphoric.

Next on this journey is “Chimes and Dymes,” a combination between alpha and theta waves. This standalone file works to increase focus and even combat addiction. With blissful beats like, “Bleepity bloppity bloop bleep / blop blop bleep,” the experiencer feels overwhelmingly focused. In the lucid dream state, this makes everything in your dream much more vivid. So, your imaginative sultry encounter with your chemistry professor can be that much hotter.

With this enhanced learning ability, experiencers can assimilate more information with greater long-term retention. This file is especially useful for us hardworking Science folks who need every bit of help we can get, especially as it forces addiction out of the body. For instance, I rely on popping CaffAttack to increase my productivity, but listening to these beats has given me an even greater sense of concentration––but beware. While working on my study guide for my final, I started getting a pretty bad headache from this file after listening to it for several hours.

DaftSkrillMAUS12A609’s “The Wet Dream and the Lucid Dreamer” does not disappoint. Every file has its purpose, as everything should. I can only look forward to their next release. Until then, visit me in your dreams.